Saturday, October 8, 2011

Before And... Well, Just Before For Now.


With any "transformation" project there is a certain amount of power in being able to show how things look "before and after."  At least that seems to be how all the great infomercials do it. (so I've been told).  So yesterday I decided to snap some "Before" photos of my office. It's hard to tell from the photos, but trust me...a lot of the problem here are my genealogy notes, copies, handouts, forms, etc.  Certainly the is more to do than just get rid of the genealogy paper, but that's a big part of it.  So for those who were wondering how my mess compares to yours, here it is.  All I ask is this...  Please don't judge me :)

To put this whole thing in perspective, my office is a 6'x12' room  The desk and bookshelf below are the 12' lengths with my workspace along the back window being 6' from end to end.




The photo on the left is of my desk. It's hard to tell, but my printer/scanner is under the pile of papers in the foreground.
On the right is the new bookshelf I just brought in from my Aunt and Uncle. This is now holding all the extra papers that were on my desk and workstation.  Notice our cat, Rascal at the end of the shelf. He was kind enough to clear some papers off the top so he could have a comfy place to lay down.



 There two shots show the workspace I have to the right of my desk.  This is where I would normally work on some of my transcription work, editing projects, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment