Monday, October 10, 2011

Unintentional Consequences Of Going Paperless

As I was working on general cleaning up of my office on Saturday and Sunday, I realized there is another unintentional consequence of my quest.  I have a relatively small office space, so even as I was organizing and cleaning it still seemed cluttered to me. Then it hit me.  I have a basket hanging on the wall for important papers. There is a small set of plastic bins for... papers.  I have a holder for my paper bills.  A filing cabinet, 2 sets of accordion files, multiple plastic bins and a slew of file folders all lining my walls and covering my work surfaces... and all for papers.  Heck, I have a stapler  and a tape dispenser I should have little use for going forward.  Scissors won't be as much of a necessity.  And hopefully I can find a way to get all these binders under control....

I might be able to yard sale all this stuff off in the spring and buy me some more records... 


  1. Welcome to the GeneaBloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

    May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

    Dr. Bill ;-)
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories" and family saga novels:
    "Back to the Homeplace" and "The Homeplace Revisited"

  2. Brian:

    Welcome to GeanaBloggers!

    I'm also on a quest to go paperless so I really look forward to reading about your progress!


  3. Thanks Dr. Bill, and Lisa -

    I'm open to suggestions for things to try, Lisa if you have any tactics working for you. :)

    - Brian